MCI Screening Test
- The FMGE-Screening Test has been introduced by the Screening Test Regulations 2002. As per the regulations, “An Indian citizen possessing a primary medical qualification awarded by any medical institution outside India who is desirous of getting provisional or permanent registration with the Medical Council of India or any State Medical Council on or after 15.03.2002 shall have to qualify a screening test conducted by the prescribed authority for that purpose as per the provisions of section 13 of the Act.”
- The Examination is held twice a year at New Delhi .
- The test is conducted in English language.
- The exam consists of one paper.
- There will be 300 multiple-choice questions (MCQ) of single response type in the paper (Divided in two sittings of 150 questions each).
- There is NO negative marking.
- An applicant shall be declared as having passed only if he/she obtains a minimum of 50% of marks in the examination.
- Results (Pass/Fail) for eligible candidates will be displayed at the website and office of NBE. There is no provision for declaration of marks obtained or re-evaluation / re-totalling.
- The applicants who qualify the Screening Test may apply to the Medical Council of India, New Delhi or to any State Medical Council for provisional registration / permanent registration.
- There are no restrictions on number of attempts that can be availed by an applicant.
MCI Screening Test Syllabus
Listed Medical Colleges Permitted for MCI Screening Test By National Board of Examinations.
The Applicant must meet/fulfil the following criteria:
- He /She is a citizen of India.
- Possesses primary medical qualifications that are recognized by the Government of the country issuing that qualification and the holder of that qualification is entitled for practice in that country. The said medical school must be listed in WHO directory of medical schools.
- He / She had obtained “Eligibility Certificate' from the Medical Council of India (applicable only in respect to students who took admission abroad on or after 15.03.2002). This requirement shall not be necessary in respect of Indian citizens who have obtained admission in foreign medical institute before 15th March 2002.
- All students who have taken admission abroad prior to 15.03.2002 and are required to qualify the Screening Test for their registration, shall be allowed to appear in the Screening Test even if they do not meet the minimum admission norms of MCI for joining undergraduate medical course, subjected to the compliance of the Judgment(s) of the Hon'ble Supreme Court/Competent Courts in this regard including but not limited to judgment dated 8th March 2002 in Civil Appeal No. 2779 of 2000 & other judgments /orders as well as instructions issued by MCI from time to time.
- From 15.03.2002 and onwards all students are required to obtain an Eligibility Certificate from MCI before proceeding abroad for studies in Medicine.
- Applicants/Candidates may also refer to Screening Test Regulations and Regulations on Graduate Medical Education, Eligibility Certificate Regulations issued by Medical Council of India. The same may be referred to at www.mciindia.org or obtained from Secretary, Medical Council of India, Sector 8 Pocket 14, Dwarka, New Delhi. Telephone: 25367033, 25367035 Fax: 25367024.
VERIFICATION OF DOCUMENTS / CREDENTIALS
Applicants are required to submit attested (self attested and by Gazetted Officer) Copies of
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Copy of Passport of the applicant/Nationality Proof (e.g. voters ID Card)
- 10+2 passing certificate issued by the respective Board of Examination
- 10+2 mark sheet issued by the respective Board of Examination
- Certificate of Passing Primary Medical Qualification i.e. MBBS or equivalent or equivalent degree certificate with mark sheet. Candidates are required to submit copies of degrees, duly attested by a Gazetted Officer and self-certified. The degrees should be attested either by the Embassy of India or should be Apostilled by the appropriate authority. For details regarding Apostilled documents, candidates may refer to the website of Ministry of External Affairs www.meaindia.nic.in
- Internship Certificate (if done abroad)
- Eligibility Certificate issued by MCI (if available) for candidates joined on or after 15.03.2009
- Translated copies (in English / Hindi) to be furnished if the certificates are in language other than English / Hindi.
- Equivalence Certificate : From Association of Indian Universities (for e done 10+2 abroad)