For admission to MD / MS / PG Diploma Courses
All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination – 2016
(For Admission to 50% MD/MS/DIPLOMA COURSES Seats of All India Quotas)
The Government of India established the National Board of Examinations (NBE) in 1975 with the objective of improving the quality of the Medical Education by establishing high and uniform standards of postgraduate examinations in modern medicine on All India Basis and utilizing existing healthcare infrastructure for capacity building.
National Board of Examinations conducts entry and exit examinations at Postgraduate, Post Doctoral level and licensing examinations as Screening Test for Indian Nationals with Foreign Medical Qualifications
The National Board of Examination has been notified by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India to conduct a competitive entrance examination on All-India Basis for admission to All India 50% quota MD/MS/Diploma Seats.
The entrance examination will be governed by the rules and regulations specified by the Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare/Directorate General Health Services/and orders of Hon'ble Courts.
Duration of the Courses:
Three years from the date of admission. Candidates are eligible for admission after completion of compulsory rotating internship.
Two years from the date of admission after completion of compulsory rotating Internship.
The scheme for selection of candidates for admission to All India 50% quota MD/MS/Diploma Seats-2016 Admission Session shall be applicable to all Medical Colleges/Institutions throughout the country and no Medical College/Institution shall hereafter conduct competitive entrance examination of its own for these seats on all-India basis.
ACTUAL NUMBER OF SEATS
- I. The total number of seats available for All India Quota 2015-2016 academic session was 5663 This number may vary for the academic year 2016-17. Candidate may refer website www.mcc.nic.in for distribution of seats across various medical colleges (Academic Year 2016-17)
- II. Applicants are advised to refer to the website/Information available with Counselling Authority/Universities/Medical Colleges reg. seat availability.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR AIPGMEE – 2016
- I. The candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
- II. A candidate, who holds M.B.B.S. degree from a recognized medical college or a foreign medical degree included in the Schedules to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 and who has obtained full registration either from the Medical Council of India or any of the State Medical Councils after completing compulsory rotating internship shall be eligible to take this examination.
- III. Candidates who have studied/passed MBBS from the state of Jammu & Kashmir and Erstwhile Andhra Pradesh are not eligible for 50% All India Quota. However, the candidates who were nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do MBBS from Medical Colleges in Erstwhile Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible to apply for admission. Such candidates must submit a duly signed affidavit declaring that he/she was nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do MBBS from Medical Colleges in Erstwhile Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir to the Deputy Director Examinations) National Board of Examinations, Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, (Ring Road), New Delhi – 110029 along with the print out of the acknowledgement of submission of online application for AIPGMEE 2016 latest by 2nd November 2015. (Copy of the affidavit is annexed at Annexure-A).
- IV. The interested candidates from these states who want to apply for MD/MS/Diploma at AFMS Institutions are advised to read Chapter 9A.
- V. The candidates who have obtained MBBS degree from the Medical Colleges which are not recognized by Medical Council of India shall not be eligible for this exam.
- VI. However, a candidate who, after passing the final qualifying examination (MBBS or the foreign medical degree recognized by MCI), is undergoing 12-month compulsory rotating internship/practical training and is likely to complete the same by 31st March, 2016 can take up this examination, but he/she shall not be eligible for admission unless he/she has completed the compulsory rotating internship and obtained full registration on or before 31st March, 2016 or the candidate produces a certificate from the head of Institution that he/she will be completing internship by 31st March, 2016.
- VII. No request for relaxation of Compulsory Rotating Internship shall be accepted.
- VIII. The dates indicated by candidates with regard to 12 months Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship i.e. starting date, completion date in the online application system shall be treated as final and candidates will be required to submit the original Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship completion certificate at the time of admission in allotted College.
- IX. The cut off dates for the recognition of the Medical Colleges from where the candidates have passed their MBBS Degree Course and completed compulsory rotatory Internship for the year 2016 will be 31st October, 2015. The Colleges recognized after this date will not considered.
- X. Registration with M.C.I./State Medical Council is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished at the time of counselling and admission in allotted College.
- XI. Some of the Universities are having regulations that candidates who are already pursuing the PG Course in their University or in another University are not eligible for admission till they complete the course. The candidates who are already pursuing PG Courses either through All India Quota or State Quota and are applying for a seat under All India Quota may confirm the eligibility conditions of that University in this regard.
- XII. MoHFW/Date. Gen. Health Services shall not be responsible if such candidates are refused for admission. Such candidates may opt for the subject and the college at their own risk and cost.
- XIII. A candidate can register and appear for AIPGMEE -2016 only once for admission to the academic year 2016-2017.
- 1. Allocation of time for the AIPGMEE shall be as follows:
- 2. Syllabus: The syllabus for the exam shall comprise of subjects/knowledge areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India. Kindly refer to the MCI website www.mciindia.org for complete document.
- 3. The examination shall be a multiple choice questions exam delivered using computer network.
- 4. The exam comprises of 300 Multiple Choices, single correct response questions in English language only.
- 5. Negative marking: There shall be no negative marking.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
Kindly note that the candidates shall be allocated to appear either in FORENOON session or in the AFTERNOON session i.e. the AIPGMEE comprises of ONE session/candidate only.
The syllabus of the above topics shall be as per the latest Graduate Medical Education Regulations notified by the Medical Council of India with prior approval of the Govt. of India. For Graduate Medical Education Regulations please refer www.mciindia.org;
The weight age of MCQ’s in each specialty is indicative and purely provisional. NBE reserves its right to alter/vary/amend the same.